Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about LeechBlock.
- Where can I find some examples to illustrate the different settings?
- What’s the difference between “within time periods OR after time limit” and “within time periods AND after time limit”?
- Can I block only some areas of a site?
- Can I use wildcards when specifying sites?
- Can I specify exceptions, i.e., sites not to block?
- Can I block pages on the basis of the referring site?
- Can I block pages that contain specific words or phrases?
- Can I easily block or allow all local files?
- Can I put comments in the site list?
- Can I set a custom blocking page?
- Can I block Google’s cached versions of sites as well?
- I’m trying to block sites overnight, but the block isn’t working. What am I doing wrong?
- What does the “Offset time limit period” field do?
- What does the “Load list of sites from URL” field do?
- LeechBlock seems to be slowing down my browser. What gives?
- How can I make it harder to remove the extension from Firefox?
- How can I disable safe (troubleshoot) mode on Firefox?
- How can I disable the “Remove Extension” menu item on Firefox?
- How can I hide LeechBlock in Firefox’s Add-ons Manager?
- Will LeechBlock be compatible with Firefox 57+?
- How can I disable private browsing?
- I’ve forgotten my password! How can I recover it?
- The options for one of the block sets are all disabled and now I can’t change the settings! What happened and what can I do about it?
- It’s all gone horribly wrong. How can I start over with LeechBlock?
- Why does LeechBlock require the permissions it asks for?
- Does LeechBlock collect or transmit any personal information?
- How can I stop myself from circumventing LeechBlock by changing the system clock?
- Are there community support forums for LeechBlock?
- Where can I get the source code for LeechBlock?