Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about LeechBlock.
Questions About Settings
- Where can I find some examples to illustrate the different settings?
- Can I block only some areas of a site?
- Can I use wildcards when specifying sites?
- Can I specify exceptions, i.e., sites not to block?
- Can I block sites that contain specific words or phrases?
- Can I easily block or allow all local files?
- Can I put comments in the site list?
- Can I get the blocking page to reload at regular intervals?
- Can I set a custom blocking page?
- Can I create my own blocking/delaying page?
- Can I block Google’s cached versions of sites as well?
- What does the “Load list of sites from URL” field do?
- I’m trying to block sites overnight, but the block isn’t working. What am I doing wrong?
- I’ve forgotten my password! How can I recover it?
- The options for one of the block sets are all disabled and now I can’t change the settings! What happened and what can I do about it?
- It’s all gone horribly wrong. How can I start over with LeechBlock?
- What happened to the countdown timer in the status bar?
- How can I stop myself from circumventing LeechBlock by changing the system clock?
- Are you going to make LeechBlock available for other browsers?
- Are there community support forums for LeechBlock?
- Where can I find pre-release/beta versions of LeechBlock?
- Where can I get the source code for LeechBlock?